August 17, 2012

(A Marshalls Style Steal pt.1)


Real fashionistas shop for bargains, splurge when necessary and always compare. The fun of putting together sensible, stylish and AFFORDABLE looks is the hunt. The hunt is also half the fun. Rummaging through Marhsalls I always find something really great

I am a real girl. As in real budget, real bills to pay, student loans, cell bill, credit card bill, I like to eat! "stuff my face" bill and "weekend night out bar tab bill". I'm searching for bigger things but always stay humble. We all don't have the luxury to drop a month's paycheck on one staple fashionable brand name item and THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE. If there's one thing I hate, it's fashion snobs. As I will say time and time again - "You don't buy style, you find it." 

 I dug through a rack of knit tops and found these two gems. This is why I always will love Marshalls because my wallet and mind are happy and I can look fabulous for less. I call myself a human doilie because these remind me of crafting during Valentine's day as a child.



Compared to other high name brands and retailers...this was def a steal. The price of both still don't even comprise the price of one in a regular similar style at a higher end store. Expect to normally pay about $40-$60 for a crochet knit top


Off to work with early with my cappuccino with 2 shots! Picking which one to wear was kind of tough but I opted for the mesh inlay to show off my cute torso...I'm only 5'1"...so there isn't a lot to literally show off...


I paired it with a moss green heavy military shirt/jacket, black high waisted shorts and nude suede booties.


And ladies, I don't care what excuse you have but when wearing anything sheer, see through, mesh, etc., be classy, hide the lassies with a bandeau bra or bralette or cropped undershirt.


Coachella ready on the East Coast.


 

The shark tooth necklace is my own I made. I took a 14kt gold chain and my lonely lost (former pair) of gift shop aquarium shark tooth earrings and wound the wire around the chain.

Outfit breakdown:
Necklace- my own, handmade
Military jacket - American Eagle Outfitters, $38
crochet top - Marshall's $13
High waist zip shorts - Urban Outiftters $15 (on sale) ...shhh I'm an employee...my discount rocks!
booties - Target $30

Under $100...(woot!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment