January 16, 2013

Collect Something! Find Your Hidden Gem in Your Life.

"The home should be the treasure chest of the living." 
- L.E. Corbusier 


Since I can remember I have been collecting something. First stamps, then stickers (you know the Spice Girl Chuppa chupps pops!), and anything else that caught my eye and interest. Now I've collected something with more depth and value - rings. Even if you think you don't have anything to start a collection look around your space. You may find patterns or frequencies of objects, books and trinkets that reoccur in your home or space. 
Collecting does not have any material bias and as always you should collect something because you love that something and it brings you not only material joy but aesthetic bliss as well.

I started collecting rings after my grandmother brought me a jade gold ring back from Cambodia for my sixteenth birthday. It is one of my most prized possessions. After that, my ten digits had to have something on them. Not all my rings are of monetary worth. Some are gold, some are vintage and some are even street vendor finds from NYC many fairs and markets. I go for unique pieces and eclectic adornment.

Collecting rings gives me temporary order in my life. 
I recommend collecting for those who sometime feels that their lives may be hectic due to career, relationships, etc. because if you find something you love to collect, it is like having your own personal treasure chest of YOU and what it is to be YOU.
So start collecting! Recently I have found myself collecting headpieces and headbands as well. What do you collect?






No comments:

Post a Comment